06 February 2007

One

If there was ever any doubt, it has now been confirmed that I suffer from second-sock-itis. I just can't seem to get excited about finishing any of these. It's not that I don't want the FO, because i do (especially now that Minty has stolen my mojo... I just need an FO to get it back. Just. one. F.O!). I just feel... well, bored while knitting them. And this photo doesn't even count the in-progress socks (my Hawaii socks and Melissa's Christmas socks). All of these socks have an in-progress mate:

New England sock, on hold for months now.

Sara's socks.

and the all-familiar Pomatomus (sorry about the uninspiring photography and weird angles. It was cold out).

With the last two socks, I even cast on for the second immediately after finishing the first, which usually prevents the horror that was the New England sock's second-sock-itis (remember when I finished the first one? Yep. Back in June). I know I've got to plug along and finish -- especially the New England, which is on my list of UFOs for the UFO Challenge. But I can't get motivated. The upside? You can see the photos that it is snowing here. We're actually supposed to get 3-5 inches, which might not be alot for many parts of the world, but here 3-5 inches makes it a challenge to get around (especially now that the 4-wheel drive on my car is broken. Another story for another time). I was supposed to go to KY tonight, but it's looking like I'll get to stay in. The downside (at least in terms of second-sock-itis)? Last night, I cast on this:

(Yep, that's Misti Alpaca worsted. I'm loving Misti Alpaca right now) Yummy. Those socks might be single a while longer...

5 comments:

Chris said...

Y'know, Peeve just faced the fact that she sucked at knitting second socks and now just knits one sock and makes mismatched pairs. :)

melissa said...

i agree...you could easily make some cute mismatched pairs with those socks. ;) i'm thinking the green new england sock would look great with the pomatomus.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I stole your mojo! I didn't mean to! But now I'm kind of done with it, but there's plenty leftover, so you can have it back, I promise.

Don't beat yourself up over the socks. You'll get them done in due time.

Meg said...

Hooray for snow, I love that short period when it's just a dusting and you can still see the ground beneath the individual flakes...

Theresa said...

Oh, just go ahead and wear them together!